WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as Device Information.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Shop automatically tracks your purchase validations via an audit trail to ensure order security.
- Facebook Pixel allows Virbac to track your visits originating from Facebook banners and ending in a conversion (sale) on our shop.
Also, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including
- your name,
- billing address,
- shipping address,
- payment information including credit card numbers (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- email address, and
- phone number.
This is called Order Information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information to:
- Create your account: if you purchase a product from https://store.uk.virbac.com we will set up a password-protected direct online access to your user-related data saved in the customer account. If you do not wish to have a password-protected customer account, you can, of course, close it at any time. Please send a request in written form (e.g. email, fax, and letter) to our contact address. ((Legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. b) GDPR)
- Manage your order: if you wish to order from our web shop, the conclusion of contract requires you to state your personal data or transfer it from the existing customer account. Your given data is essential and necessary to process your order. Information that is required to process the order is marked separately, further information is voluntary. ((Legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. b) GDPR).
- Subscribe to Newsletter: On the website of Virbac Limited, users are given the opportunity to subscribe to our enterprise's newsletter. Virbac Limited regularly informs its customers, prospects, and business partners via newsletter about:
- New products
- Practical tips
- Product recommendations
- New services
- Exclusive actions or offers
VIRBAC’s newsletter may only be received by you if (1) you have a valid email address and (2) you register for newsletter distribution. For legal reasons, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address registered for the newsletter, in accordance with the double opt-in procedure. This confirmation email is used to prove whether you, the owner of the email address, has authorised the receipt of the newsletter. ((Legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR)
- Product recommendations: as a VIRBAC LIMITED customer, you will regularly receive product recommendations and practical tips by email. You will receive these product recommendations irrespective of whether or not you have subscribed to a newsletter. We aim to inform you about our products that might be of interest for you based on your recent purchases. Furthermore, you will receive useful tips for using our products.
If you do not wish to receive any advertising messages from us anymore, you may terminate the subscription at any time. Please write your termination notice in text (email, fax, letter) to our contact address. You will find, of course, a link to unsubscribe at the end of each email. (Legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud (Legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. c) GDPR).
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The recipients of your data are the authorised persons within VIRBAC SA and VIRBAC LIMITED who are in charge of processing, as well as our sub-contractors in charge of hosting the internet website and the support service: BIG COMMERCE, ADYEN.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use https://store.uk.virbac.com. To know how Google uses your Personal Information click https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Furthermore, if you consent, we also use your email address to send advertising for products similar to those you ordered.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
You can opt out of targeted advertising at any time.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
We will do our utmost to respond satisfactorily to your requests. If, for any reason whatsoever, you consider that our response is unsatisfactory, we inform you that you may lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority.
You can ask the suspension or the deletion of your account at any time by accessing your profile.
Your data is kept for the entire duration of use of the service and for a period of 7 years after the last connection to your account.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records, and due to commercial and tax law regulations, we are obligated to save your Order Information for a period of seven (7) years. However, after two years upon your last connection or your last purchase, we restrict processing, this means that your data is only used to comply with legal obligations.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
If you have questions and/or require more information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org